The Taxes and Duties Department
It provides fiscal assistance to our clients, from checking the correct closure of all accounts, to determining the amount of taxes and duties and to making particular studies regarding any opportunity that the fiscal and accountancy legislation can provide.
- Checks to rigorously determine the correctness and legal legitimacy of taxes calculation and payments (value added tax, individual income taxes and corporate income taxes, non-residents income taxes, income tax for which an obligation of calculation, withholding and remitting the tax is enforced);
- Identification and application of fiscal facilities stipulated by the current legislation;
- Providing specialized assistance in cases where the client is checked by the entitled bodies of the Ministry of Public Finance;
- Consultancy for applying the tax option right before calculating and remitting taxes so as to determine the most advantageous legal alternative;
- Tax consultancy for issues related to the fiscal procedure;
- Permanently providing information notices on the most recent changes in tax law as well as possibilities to use this information and adapt to legal changes;
- Assistance for filling in tax declarations;
- Identifying the most adequate accounting and tax policies;
- Studies and analyses on the opportunities generated by the accounting and tax law;
- Consultancy on international tax systems and applying the provisions of conventions on avoiding double taxation;
- Consultancy on international trade regulations provisions;
- Consultancy in the field of International Financial Reporting Standards;
- Assistance to the elaboration of appeals or other documents addressed to the fiscal bodies.
The Taxes and Duties Department can provide the above-mentioned services also by monthly going to the client’s firm in specialized teams of fiscal consultants, accountancy experts and law counselors, who will set up a monthly report of any kind of problems along with their respective recommendations.
Lorena Iliescu – Senior Tax Consultant (email@example.com)
Experience and qualifications:
- Fiscal consultant
- Accountancy expert
- Practicing auditor
- CECCAR evaluator
- 22 years of activity, of which 7 years within the Dolj County Public Finance Institution as Inspector and Chief of the Fiscal Control Service